a service for people who speak little or no English, and their providers
Health Assist Tennessee has medical interpreters who provide interpretation in the following languages:
- American Sign language
- Chin (Falam and Hakha)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Creole (Hatian)
- Kurdish (Bahdini, Kurmanji & Sorani)
- If you are a provider, we can help you by interpreting at your clinic for non-English speaking patients.
- If you have a family member or friend who cannot speak English and needs an interpreter, please call us.
Having a trained medical interpreter leads to a better experience for the provider and patient. Patients better understand treatment options and families better understand at-home care. Providers report a more positive experience as well. With a medical interpreter, the client and provider are more likely to avoid:
- Delay in care
- Poor compliance with medication and treatment plans
- Unnecessary tests or procedures
- Increased risk of malpractice suits
Arrange for an interpreter by: